Thursday, October 3, 2013

AC Chemo Day 4

I was confused about how I was supposed to count - was the day you get chemo day 0 or day 1 (turns out it's day 1)?  Because days 3-5 are supposed to be the worst and yesterday was not horrible.  
But then I hit day 4!  Yay.  

On the plus side, I do not feel like a truck has run me over.  But I do feel tired.  Tireder than yesterday, and less interested in forcing myself outside for a nice walk or even up to get a shower.  And I definitely am more nauseous.  Unfortunately the thing that best helps my nausea is eating, but I have no desire to get through this cancer thing and then find myself having to lose 300lbs, so I'm going to have to find another way.  Plus obesity is a risk factor for cancer, so can't have that.  

What's helping so far today.  

  • Work, yay!  I went into the office for a few hours the last couple mornings; that was great.  Today I'm working from home since the extra effort of getting dressed and walking to my office sounds like a bit much.  Still, so nice to have a distraction and feel somewhat productive.
  • Kitties.  Even if they do want to sit somewhere between my face and my computer screen, or climb up on my chest which is still healing post-surgery.
  • Check-ins from friends.  Thanks to those who are thinking of me.  It's so appreciated.  
  • Lifesavers.  Thanks Shauna for getting them for me, they do help with the nausea. 
Here's hoping day 5 is on the upswing, and hey, only 3 more AC chemo doses to go before switching to the (supposedly) easier taxol.  Not that I'm counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment