Saturday, October 19, 2013

Least Favorite Side Effect

I have a beautifully shaped head, thank goodness.  I found this out today when I went to get all my hair shaved off of course; it was starting to fall out and stressing me out to wonder when it would go in clumps, so I bit the bullet and got rid of it.  Turns out that while it's not awesome, it's okay. 

Less awesome is the fact that my tongue feels like it's been burned and bitten to within an inch of its life; one of the delightful side-effects of chemo for some lucky people.  I will (for now) name this my least favorite thing.  There's some kind of special mouthwash my doctor prescribed me last week, but it turns out it contains an ingredient I'm allergic to (good thing the pharmacist figured that out before giving it to me, I guess).  Instead I've been stuck with salt-water rinses which aren't doing much.  Consider me annoyed. 

It's a "fuck cancer" kinda day. 

Hopefully I'll figure something out or this is going to be a really, really long 17 more weeks of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment