Monday, October 21, 2013

Ugh

One of the doctors I talked to before starting this whole cancer treatment thing told me to avoid cancer blogs, because the people who blog are the ones who are having a hard time.  Well I think it's true, and we're in for a depressing series of posts; sorry folks.  Feel free to skip ahead about 17 weeks if you can.
I just had my first actual throwing up incident since starting chemo - and it was from the Vicodin I'm using to try to mask the intense pain of my mouth sores.  I've never had issues with Vicodin in the past, not that I've taken it all that often, but apparently chemo drugs + side effect drugs + the soup I had for lunch did not make a good combination.  Ugh. 

WTF.  It would all be worth it if the Vicodin actually stopped the pain, but it doesn't even do that.  I think I may lose my mind.  If all future blog posts sound like ramblings of a crazy person, I'm going to blame it on my unbelievably sore tongue. 

Okay, back to trying to distract myself with Orange is the New Black.  I guess I should be grateful I'm not in prison?


No comments:

Post a Comment