Friday, October 18, 2013

A Question of Etiquette

My dilemma last weekend: what do you bring the guy who's volunteered to make you special brownies to help with your nausea and won't accept payment? 

So I was pretty nauseous last AC chemo round, and I know I can get a medical marijuana license but instead I wanted to see if it would actually make an impact first, so a friend of a friend hooked me up.  He was super sweet, told me he had tongue cancer when he was in his 20's, looked up info on dosages for me, and baked really delicious brownies.  But he said it wasn't his style to let me pay for something like that so aside from promising to "pay it forward" which I will do, I wanted to get him something.  Some suggestions from friends included:
  • Munchies
  • Fancy Brownie Mix
  • Mellow music
  • Something football related (he's a boy so I guess this is the default answer)
I went with a bottle of wine.  Turns out he doesn't drink...sigh...but his fiancĂ©e does so at least it was a gesture.  I really think Miss Manners should cover this in an upcoming letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment