Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today's News

Plans have been slightly revised today - we're going to take another week off from chemo to let my white blood cell count go up, and to let my mouth finish healing. 

I was initially worried about what that meant for my overall chances of fighting cancer, but Dr. Kaplan took the time to explain to me (one of many reasons I love him) that the research shows that the important part is that we do the 12 weekly doses of Taxol.  For the 4 bi-weekly doses of A/C that  I'm doing now, there's only one larger study that shows a very small improvement in doing it bi-weekly vs. every three weeks.  Either way, as he said, if I try to do A/C again on Monday I will just end up back in the hospital.  And much as I'm enjoying my room with a view and the lovely nurses, I'd like to avoid being here another month. 


In other news, I woke up hungry for the first time in a few days today and ate some breakfast without feeling nauseous.  And with the fog outside and my stack of books and cup of tea, it actually feels quite cozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment