Monday, September 30, 2013

AC Chemo Day 1

Day 1 – not too bad.

So glad to be done with day 1 of chemo.  The whole thing felt like it took about three times as long as it needed with lab backups and a bunch of waiting around, but I had great visits from friends, some awesome anti-anxiety medication in my IV which made me feel like I’d been sipping margaritas all afternoon, and a lovely, kind nurse.  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be easier than the last part of the week, so hopefully things will continue to be pretty smooth. 

Tips for next time:
  • I don’t need to lug around my power cords, or bring two books instead of one
  • My water bottle was invaluable, but fill it out at the main lobby rather than in the kitchen
  • Apparently Essential Baking Co and Pasta & Co are on the way to the hospital; my friend Michelle says those are the places to stop to pick up lunch on the way over unless you want to eat horrible sandwiches and over-cooked custard.
  • Having visitors is essential.  I’ll need to figure out another rotation for the next few appointments so let me know if you’re interested!  I can tell you it was quite entertaining J  We were definitely the liveliest area of the chemo ward, and discussed wide ranging topics from current events and political appointments to planned haircuts for me before my hair comes out.  I’m thinking something like this, feedback welcome:


Now that I'm home I just feel a little woozy but otherwise okay.  Hopefully I’ll get some sleep and be able to function tomorrow!  

2 comments:

  1. umm I love that! my only concern is your hair is sort of curly. you don't want to feel like you have to straighten it everyday right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could get away with it since by the time I cut it I'll only have a week or so before it'll all fall out :-) So high-maintenance should be okay? Also the top of my hair is usually pretty straight, although who knows. But love the vote of approval! Let me know if you find a good photo of a curlier pixie!

    ReplyDelete