Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Surgery Date

And it's official - I'm not doing the trial.  I'm still working through plans for which Oncologist I will work with, but I have a date for surgery, and it feels good to have that locked down. 

In talking to a friend yesterday as I was stressing my way through this decision, she reminded me that (a) either decision I make will be a good one.  Both options will have really good chances of curing the cancer for good and (b) since there's no real data strongly indicating that doing the trial or not doing the trial is the right choice, going with my intuition is the way to go.  I was worried that I was being illogical, but really it's just doing what I do every day at work - making a call based on a bunch of little bits of information that have sunk into my brain without my even knowing it.  And my track record, at least in software design, is pretty good.  Hopefully that will hold.   

Okay, so upcoming schedule:

· Aug 26-30: Out on vacation (yay!)

· Sept 2: Labor Day

· Sept 3: Surgery

· Sept 4-6: Likely completely offline

· Sept 9-13: Online, hopefully working from home

· Sept 14-End of Sept: Back at work at least part time if not full time

· Early Oct (likely): Start chemo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment