Monday, August 12, 2013

Decisions, Decisions


So I have to decide soon - do I go with the ispy2 trial, or do I go with the traditional recommended path for kicking this cancer to the curb.  Here's my list of pros and cons thus far; I'm sure there will be a couple more but I need to figure out a plan soon.  Thoughts welcome!

 
Traditional
Trial
Winner
Surgeon
Dr. Clarfeld
Dr. Lee
Traditional
Oncologist
Dr. Kovach or Dr. Ellis
Dr. Ellis
?
Radiation Oncologist
Dr. Pelton
Dr. Pelton
Draw
Plastic Surgeon
TBD
TBD
Draw
Do I need radiation?
Maybe
Yes
Traditional, but I kind of want radiation anyway just to be careful
Recommended weeks of Chemo
16 recommended; willing to do 20
20
Draw?
Order of Chemo
AC, then Taxol
Taxol, then AC
Traditional – let’s get the rough part over with
Nipple-sparing surgery
Will try
No
Traditional
Chances of cancer recurrence
10%
10% or less
Trial
Extra biopsy, MRIs as part of trial work
No
Yes
Traditional
 Altruism
Some (they would still keep track of my status as part of the trial to compare results against mine)
 More
 Trial
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment