Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Soap Opera Style

Oops - this one never got posted; it's from a couple weeks ago so please read with that in mind!

___________________

I’ve told a few people this story but thought it was amusing (and short!) enough to write down.  While I was in the hospital we figured out that one medication, Lorazepam, that I’d been taking at night to help me sleep also helps a lot with my nausea, so I ended up taking it during the day last time the week after chemo, and will again this week.  However, while I knew that it was useful for anxiety, sleeplessness, and also nausea, I didn’t know that it could also give you mild amnesia. 

So I happily took it, thrilled that the combo of my reduced chemo dose plus the Lorazepam helped me feel better.  I also went to work, and sat through 4 hours of storyboard reviews on Wed and again on Thurs.  It turns out that this was an ineffective combination. 

On Monday I went back to work and started talking to people on my team about the storyboard reviews, but I quickly realized that I remembered the room we were sitting in, and remembered starting a question and having no idea where to go from there, but I couldn’t remember anything else we’d discussed AT ALL. 

My friend Alyssum pointed out that I was now completely ready to join the storyline of a Soap Opera with my handy amnesia – all I need is an evil twin, or a daughter I didn’t know I had, or to marry my husband’s brother by mistake.  I’m looking forward to figuring out what I forget this next week.  Please keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment